After more than 90 years of providing medical care to patients in northeast Oklahoma, INTEGRIS Baptist Regional Health Center remains dedicated to its mission. As a member of INTEGRIS Health, the state’s largest locally owned health care system, area residents have peace of mind knowing their health care is delivered by professionals committed to the highest standards of patient care.
INTEGRIS Baptist Regional Health Center is licensed for 117 beds and has more than 40 physicians and mid-level providers on its medical staff. The hospital provides a host of inpatient and outpatient services including critical care and surgical services, comprehensive rehabilitation, geriatric behavioral health, diabetes management, hospice, home health care, and home medical equipment.
Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, INTEGRIS Baptist Regional Health Center is also one of the largest employers in Ottawa County. The hospital employs more than 500 employees and has a compassionate force of more than 60 volunteers.
For more information on hospital services or a listing of qualified doctors representing several specialties and sub-specialties, please call the physician referral line at 918-540-7500 or toll free, 1-866-FIND-DOC (346-3362).
View Larger Map
Baptist Regional History
The year 1919 found people moving to the city of Miami and the surrounding area in ever-increasing numbers. Miami, Okla., had grown from a crossroads community to the largest lead and zinc mining area in the world.
Several civic leaders undertook a project to raise funds to build a hospital for Miami and the surrounding area. This group lead by James Fountain Robinson also included George L. Coleman, Al Coleman, and C.M. Harvey. Raising $150,000 to build the hospital, the founders deeded it to the Oklahoma Baptist Convention who agreed to operate it.
The Miami Baptist Hospital opened July 1, 1919, with a 62-bed capacity. The original structure was a three-story building with a basement and sun porches on each floor. Through the years, a number of building additions and renovations have been made, with the basic original structure still being used today. One of the first major projects enclosed the sun porches and made the basement into the first floor providing a four-story structure.
The name was changed to Baptist Regional Health Center in 1983 to reflect a growing service area and the broader scope of services offered. In 1986, the hospital was part of the Baptist Healthcare Organization, which consisted of 12 rural hospitals. In the early 1990s, major changes in the delivery of health care led hospitals to build affiliations to prepare for a managed care environment. In 1995, a merger was agreed upon between BHO, Baptist Medical Center and Southwest Medical Center in Oklahoma City. The new corporation emerged as the Oklahoma Health System. In September 1995, the corporation name was changed to INTEGRIS Health with the hospital's official name becoming INTEGRIS Baptist Regional Health Center.
Today, INTEGRIS Baptist Regional is a full service medical and acute care facility with 123 beds and a host of outpatient services and programs.