On October 5, 1910, the dream of several Enid citizens became a reality. In a nine-room rented house that was furnished sparingly, Enid's first hospital was born. Founded by Dr. F.A. Hudson, the hospital served the community and northwest Oklahoma from a residence located at 225 W. Oak.
In 1914, after two moves to larger houses, the hospital was incorporated as Enid General Hospital and Training School for Nurses. The hospital purchased lots at its present location (Monroe and Garriott) and built the first permanent fire-proof building. Expansions followed in 1919 and 1925.
The great depression followed by WWI and WWII kept any major expansions from taking place until the early 1950s. The hospital became affiliated with the Baptist General Convention in 1953.
Another major expansion, and name change took place in 1968 when Harry W. Bass donated $200,000 for a 120-bed addition which wrapped around a great deal of the old hospital. The new addition was dedicated in 1970.
Between 1975 and 1985, the Medical Plaza Building was built and expanded and virtually every department of the hospital was upgraded or improved .
In 1989 another significant improvement project took place. A fourth floor was added for surgery and ambulatory care and the front entrance of the hospital was relocated from east to south.
The hospital became part of the newly formed INTEGRIS Health corporation in 1994.
In 1996, INTEGRIS Bass purchased the former Enid Regional Hospital at 401 S. Third. That building now houses the hospital's Long Term Acute Care Hospital.
One year later, the hospital took over operations at its Meadowlake Campus. The facility is now home to INTEGRIS Bass Behavioral Health, serving children and adolescents.
In 2003, the hospital completed an $8.2 million expansion project that tripled the size of the emergency department and expanded the Women¹s Services Center.
INTEGRIS Bass is proud of its distinction as being the only non-profit, faith-based hospital in Enid and having served the Enid area longer than any other general hospital.