There are several treatment alternatives at the INTEGRIS Bass Radiation Oncology Center. We offer 2D conventional, 3D conformal and Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) with Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT).
The department is staffed with a full time radiation oncologist, four full time certified radiation therapists, a full time RN and dosimetrist. Our dedicated physics team allows us to maintain the best safety and quality standards available. Oncology services is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. On-call personnel is available for emergencies.
Equipment featured at INTEGRIS Bass includes:
Varian IX Linear Accelerator
Varian Simulator and CT Scanning
- This treatment machine offers two different photon energies as well as five different electron energies.
- A multi-leaf collimator system allowing for millimeter accuracy in our treatment delivery.
- On Board Imaging for real time visualization of the treatment area.
Eclipse Treatment Planning Software
- Using a multitude of treatment aids (Breast Boards, Aquaplast, Vac-Loks and assorted cushions) to make the patient comfortable and improve treatment accuracy.
- The physician, through the combined use of CT, MRI and Pet scans, will outline the tumor volume.
- The dosimetrist will create the optimal treatment plan to maximize the tumor dose while sparing healthy tissue.
Treatment of cancer includes:
- External Beam Radiation Therapy
- Gynecological Implants
- Thyroid Therapy
If you would like more details or to schedule an appointment, please call 580-548-1131