There are many great reasons to volunteer at the INTEGRIS Cancer Institute in Oklahoma City:
- Improve and Transform Lives - Including Your Own!
- Serve and Strengthen Your Community
- Make a Meaningful and Lasting Impact
- Gain experience and knowledge in a health care setting
- Inspire others with your Success Story
- Be part of new research and pilot programs
- Serve not just at a hospital, but at a not-for-profit organization whose goal is 'to improve the health of the people and communities we serve'
- Exercise direct influence over how and to whom the volunteer philanthropy is donated
- Connect to Others
- Participate in a well-structured and meaningful program
- Give back as a result of a personal experience, either as a patient or family member of a patient in one of our facilities
Here are some of the volunteer opportunities at INTEGRIS Cancer Institute in Oklahoma City
Reception & Infusion Room
Assist patients, families and staff during a stressful, emotional time and ease the tension of visits to INTEGRIS Cancer Institute. Help in the Infusion room making patient's as comfortable as possible and assist patients at reception with check-in, directions, answering questions and answering the phone.
Your warmth, smile and kindness might be the small thing they needed to improve their day and inspire hope.
INTEGRIS Cancer Institute Pet Therapy
Animal assisted therapy is a goal directed intervention that incorporates an animal into the treatment process provided by a credentialed therapist. An animal assisted activity (Pet Therapy) enhances a patient’s quality of life. Credentialed pets and their handlers will visit patients, staff and guests throughout the hospital to aid in the healing process and enhance emotional coping mechanisms.
Stitching for Sanity
The Stitching for Sanity volunteer workgroup crochets and knits lap robes for patients receiving cancer treatment. Yarn and instructions are available and yarn donations are always welcome! Contact Sylvia Dillard at 773-6617 for more information.
For more information call 405-773-6411.