Transitioning to RN practice can be difficult and evidence supports Nurse Residency programs increase the retention and job satisfaction among newly graduated RNs. That’s why INTEGRIS hosts a six month Nurse Residency Program for RN graduates and those with less than six months licensure as an RN. The Nurse Residency Program is an expanded orientation designed to help the new RN graduate make a smooth transition from student to professional member of a health-care team. This program is designed to help our nurses more fully contribute to delivering the Most Challenging Healing™.
The mission of the INTEGRIS Nurse Residency Program is to facilitate and support the graduate nurse in acquisition and assimilation of knowledge, skills, and research during the transition from novice to competent, confident nursing professional.
Nurse Residency Program Objectives:
- Demonstrate clinical competence within the job description of the RN based on best practice
- Describe and demonstrate critical thinking processes with various patient populations and clinical situations specific to the department of hire
- Organize tasks and utilize time management skills in order to work safely and efficiently while providing quality patient care
- Demonstrate customer service skills utilizing communication and technical knowledge to ensure INTEGRIS and department objectives are achieved
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills for educating patients, family, and/or significant others
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care for various patient populations
- Identify resources available to meet the needs of the patient/family
- Provide nursing care by utilizing clinical knowledge according to approved standards of care and practice
- Utilize proper chain of command and communication between staff unit, patient care areas and administration
- Develop professional enhancement skills in the clinical role
- Assume responsibility for own learning outcomes
- Apply knowledge and skills in performing cost-effective care for the patient, family, and organization
Participants receive classroom instruction and hands-on clinical experience under the mentorship of an experienced RN. The Nurse Residency Program is tailored to the skills and knowledge requirements of the specialty in which nurses are hired.
If you are interested in a position as a Nurse Resident, please visit integrisok.jobs to view available Nurse Resident positions and to apply online. All applications must be completed online, to search use keywords "2323”, or “RN 1”
Upon hire as a new graduate RN, you will be placed in the Nurse Resident Program. There is no separate application process.
Once you have been hired into a nurse resident or RN position (if you have less than six months clinical experience); you will be contacted by a nurse residency coordinator with specific details regarding your orientation plan.
The 2017 Summer Nurse Residency will begin the week of June 25, 2017.
Applicants are encouraged to schedule and take NCLEX-RN prior to the start date in order to maximize orientation schedule and success.
For any questions, please contact the INTEGRIS Health Nurse Residency coordinator, Sandy Hill. email@example.com.
2017 Summer Nurse Resident Flyer
Nurse Residency Orientation Schedule