Wednesday, May 13
INTEGRIS Health Edmond Better Breathers Club
Anatomy and Triggers of COPD
Please join us for an informative, hands-on educational session presented by registered respiratory therapists Lisa Ball and Retia Dempsey with the INTEGRIS Outpatient Pulmonary Disease Management Clinic.
- Walk through the anatomy and triggers for COPD
- See and touch an actual set of lungs
- Understand importance of spirometry as an ongoing monitoring tool and how to interpret the spirometry numbers
- Test flow outputs of your own nebulizer to ensure you are getting effective treatment (attendees should bring nebulizer and compressor from home)
- Develop an action plan
- Learn about the purpose and function of the INTEGRIS Outpatient Pulmonary Disease Management Clinic
- Receive a free gift for attending
Lisa Ball, B.S., RRT, RRT-NPS, RRT-ACCS, RPFT, is manager of the INTEGRIS Outpatient Pulmonary Disease Management Clinic. Ball, who has 22 years of experience; Retia Dempsey, a respiratory therapist with INTEGRIS for 33 years; and Nancy Nagle, M.D., and medical director, opened the first clinic on the campus of INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center on Nov. 15, 2014. The second clinic is scheduled to open at INTEGRIS Canadian Valley Hospital on May 15. A third clinic at INTEGRIS Health Edmond is scheduled to open this fall.
This support group meets from 4 to 5 p.m. the second Wednesday every month at INTEGRIS Health Edmond in the North/Santa Fe Conference Room, 4801 INTEGRIS Parkway, Edmond, OK 73034. Reservations are required.