The INTEGRIS Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation Recreation Therapy program uses treatment, education, and recreation services to achieve specific therapeutic treatment goals and provide practical treatments with wide-ranging benefits for ALL patients. Individual and/or group therapy sessions are provided to improve function and independence as well as reduce or eliminate the effects of an illness or disability.
The Recreation Therapist is skilled in adaptive leisure and recreation options including:
- Activity modifications to meet client needs
- Awareness of adaptive equipment and techniques to adapt existing equipment
- Community reintegration to maintain independence in the community
- Providing education to maintain a healthy lifestyle, including learning a new hobby
Active and passive participation in leisure interests is a time-proven method which is proven to:
- Relieve anxiety
- Reduce blood pressure
- Reduce need for sleeping and pain medicines
- Reduce perceived pain
- Improve cognition, memory and problem solving skills
- Increase self-esteem
Additional benefits we offer include peer support and providing resources for local, state, and national programs.