Increasing demands, more challenging students and shrinking work forces can leave today's teachers feeling anything but calm, cool and collected. INTEGRIS Health and Dr. R. Murali Krishna have partnered to bring teachers tips and tools to help them KEEP CALM and TEACH ON.
Keep Calm Tips
- Focus on your breathing
- Pay attention to how you walk or drive to work each day - take deep breaths, relaxing throughout your body at stop lights/traffic
- Throughout your day, be aware of the subtle signs of physical tension
- Kill the ANTs (Automatic Negative Thoughts) - consciously direct your thinking in a more positive way
- Take care of your body to take care of your brain - two to three minutes of brisk exercise, every hour or two helps you recharge
- Hit the brain’s pause and reset button - press your forehead with your forefinger and say “Pause”
- As you go to sleep, let go of today and tomorrow and take some slow, mindful breaths - getting enough sleep is the single most effective thing people can do every day to reset their brain and body
Live Life Well Video Series
Living in a high speed, fast food, multi-tasking world can leave you feeling frustrated and frazzled - far from the peaceful, joyful life you could be living. Join Dr. R Murali Krishna as he guides you through these simple meditation practices that have profound benefits for your physical and emotional health.
Art Of Happy Living Podcast
Focusing on the healing connection between mind, body and spirit, R. Murali Krishna, M.D., presents The Art of Happy Living™ series as stepping stones in the journey toward leading happier, healthier lives.
Mental Health Screenings
This confidential, anonymous screening is made available to all community members free of charge. This screening is provided so that you may quickly and easily find out whether or not professional consultation would be helpful to you. Take an anonymous screening now.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Resources
Find local and national information and resources related to mental health, suicide prevention and addiction recovery to assist you, your loved ones or your students in finding help and assistance for these common conditions.
I on Your Health
At INTEGRIS, we care about all Oklahomans. We want everyone to live long, happy lives. So we're helping you remember to make good health choices with INTEGRIS "I On Your Health," a brief e-mail delivered to your inbox twice a week, with simple tips for improved wellness and healthy recipes from INTEGRIS physicians and specialists. Choose to opt in today to get sound health advice from medical professionals at ionyourhealth.com.