National Liver Transplant Life Expectancy Statistics
With advancements in technology and experience the transplant community have seen dramatic increase in liver transplant life expectancy for a deceased donor liver graft over the past decades:
National Deceased Liver Transplant Survival Statistics
- The national 6-month liver transplant survival rate increased from 74.3% in 1991 to 89.8% in 2009.
- The national 3 year liver transplant survival rate increased from 62.4% in 1991 to 75% in 2006.
- The national 5 year liver transplant survival rate increased from 56.6% in 1991 to 67.1% in 2004.
- The national 10 year liver transplant survival rate increased from 51.3% in 1991 to 51.3% in 1999.
This increase in liver transplant life expectancy has led to an increase in the number of people with a functioning liver transplant. In June 2009 there were nearly 50,000 living liver transplant recipients. More than twice the number than a decade earlier.
*Liver transplant life expectancy statistics and liver transplant survival rate data courtesy of the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients.
Our Liver Transplant Survival Rate Statistics:
We regularly exceed the national average for liver transplant survival rates:
- 91% 1 year adult liver transplant survival rate
- 82% 1 year pediatric liver transplant survival rate
- 84% 3 year adult liver transplant survival rate
- 76% 3 year pediatric liver transplant survival rate
- Average length of stay across all transplants of 6 days. 4 days less than the national average
*Transplant survival rates through June 30, 2010
We Have Some of the Best Transplant Survival Rates in the US
An analysis of the 1997 report published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services shows that among the 32 centers (of 99 total centers) that exceeded 60 transplants in the report's most recent two-year interval, Nazhi Zuhdi Transplant Institute in Oklahoma City ranked:
- 4th in the US in actual one-year survival (90 percent)
- 6th in the US in disease-severity-adjusted one-year survival.
Our current one-, two-, three- and five-year transplant survivals are 89 percent, 86 percent, 83 percent and 75 percent.
Liver transplant patients are referred to us from across the US, especially from surrounding states including: Texas, Arkansas, Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico, Missouri, Nebraska and Louisiana.
Survival Rates for Other INTEGRIS Transplants
More Information On Our Liver Transplant Surgery Program