INTEGRIS Stroke Awareness, Prevention and Recovery Presentations
- First Aid For Stroke – what happens in a stroke; what does it look like? How to identify a possible stroke (including FAST), emergency response, risk factors*
- Carry The Message – short form of First Aid For Stroke, meant to be delivered by non-medical personnel – uses DVD provided and mainly teaches FAST awareness
- Are you Stroke Ready at Work - presentation for your employees of 25 or more
- Lower Your Risk for Heart Disease & Stroke – addresses risk factors specifically for heart disease & stroke and strategies to reduce these risks*
- Tips for Life After Stroke – provides simple, practical strategies to make life easier, simpler, safer & more affordable for stroke survivors and families – can also be used to include brain injury survivors and families*
- Stroke Resources for Oklahoma (Statewide) (can also apply to brain injury)
- Stroke Resources for Central Oklahoma and OKC Metro area (can also apply to brain injury)*
- Too Young To Stroke? Think Again – Think FAST – designed to addressed growing increase in numbers of strokes in 20-55yo (working adults) – 1 in 5 strokes (20%+) are 20-55yo. Appropriate for workplace and employers
* Will be available 2014 on video format for download
Teachers & Students
“Kids CAN Be Stroke Heroes – Act FAST” – designed for teachers to be able to teach their students (usually 3rd grade and up is best) to be able to recognize possible stroke signs
and symptoms in parents, grandparents, other adults.
For more information, or to schedule a presentation, please call Mary Pinzon, RN, CPE, M.Ed. at 405-644-6867.