Stroke Coordinator's Consortium
- Establish a network for mutual and professional support and collaboration among Oklahoma Stroke Coordinators
- Provide opportunities to share information and resources related to stroke program development and proficiency across the continuum of care in Oklahoma
- Promote quality and standardizations of acute stroke care through the use of evidence-based practice guidelines
- To advance acute stroke management in Oklahoma through the standardization of evidence-based care.
For more information, please contact:
Leigh Ann Brown, MS, APRN-CNS, CCNS
Stroke Clinical Nurse Specialist
INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Online Re-Certification
The website below is recommended for NIHSS re-certification. This is the same exam and tutorial that was on the American Heart Association's (AHA) web-site, but this site is with the National Stroke Association (NSA). The NSA’s website has had a lot fewer technical problems than the AHA.
A couple of tips:
- Write your answers down on a piece of paper as you take the exam, that way you can refer to them, as needed, if there are problems with the site.
- Use a hard copy of the NIHSS as your reference guide when taking the test online.
- Be SURE and remember your password. If you can’t finish the test all in one setting, you can save your answers and come back later. However, if you sign in with a different password, it really messes things up. You have to call the NSA’s helpdesk and it takes a while to get it all straightened out.
If you have any questions about the on-line certification process you can see the FAQ’s at www.stroke.org/NIHSS