To Disconnect from VDI:
- You can use your INTEGRIS ID badge to “tap out” of your VDI desktop using Imprivata.
- Applications, or software, that were running before you disconnect will remain open when you reconnect or tap back into your desktop. This is a viable option if you plan to return quickly to your workstation.
- The reconnection process is faster with this option.
- You can also use Power off the monitor by pressing the power butter in the lower right – hand corner of your computer.
To Log Off your VDI Session:
Click the “start” button on your computer. The logoff button appears to the right of the search box. Save your work before utilizing this option.
- Your session is completely logged off with this option. This is best utilized when you plan to be away from your workstation for an extended period of time – at the end of a work day, for example.
- Any open files or applications (software) are closed. Unsaved changes are NOT saved.
- This option will take longer to login compared to the disconnect option.