Breast feeding is a new experience for both mother and child, and sometimes one or both of you may need a little help to get the hang of it. Lactation consultants are available to advise new mothers at INTEGRIS birth centers across Oklahoma. Our professional lactation consultants offer support by providing an initial assessment, latch-on evaluation and breastfeeding education. Best of all, this is at no cost to mothers who deliver their babies at the facility.
Your time with your lactation consultant might include:
- Written breastfeeding instructions and tips.
- Helping initiate breastfeeding within one hour of birth.
- Providing tips and assistance in establishing a breastfeeding routine.
- Showing mothers how to breastfeed and how to maintain lactation even if they should be separated from their infants.
- Possible follow-up visits.
Our lactation consultants are experienced and compassionate. Also, the nursing staff members have participated in continuing education to ensure success in breast feeding. Whatever INTEGRIS hospital you use to deliver your baby, you’ll have a trained specialist there to help you and baby learn how to breastfeed.
Need support and information after leaving the hospital? Contact La Leche League leaders in Oklahoma City and surrounding areas. La Leche League Leaders are volunteers, and all their support is free of charge.
To connect with a breast feeding consultant in Oklahoma, call your neighborhood INTEGRIS clinic today or call our national HealthLine at 1-888-951-2277.