Ultrasounds have become a staple of modern medicine for diagnosing a variety of illness—including several women’s health conditions. Expectant mothers are most familiar with ultrasound, but they can also be part of diagnosing breast cancer or creating images of the pelvis or internal organs.
Recent advances in ultrasound technology have improved the resolution and detail of these images beyond what was possible in previous years. With the state-of-the-art ultrasound technologies at INTEGRIS women’s health clinics, Oklahoma women no longer get the fuzzy ultrasound photos of their unborn baby. Thanks to these advancements and new 4-D technologies, mothers can get an early peak at their babies with clarity and definition they used to have to wait to see until birth.
Ultrasound for Women’s Health
The non-invasive nature of ultrasound makes it a well-suited, powerful diagnostic tool for physicians. It can help diagnose diseases ranging from breast cancer to pelvic disorders. INTEGRIS is one of the prime providers for ultrasounds for women, with specially trained technicians in the science of diagnosing complex women’s health issues.
What to Expect From an Ultrasound
Most of the INTEGRIS clinics and hospitals across the state of Oklahoma offer specialized ultrasounds for women. The process of receiving an ultrasound is a painless and relatively simple outpatient procedure. The entire experience generally lasts less than 30 minutes.
Here is what you can expect when you receive your ultrasound from INTEGRIS.
- The technician will apply a gel to help get a cleaner image
- A device will be placed on your skin and moved around the area to be studied. Light pressure will be applied
- An image will be produced and read by a trained radiologist
Why Choose INTEGRIS for Your Ultrasound
INTEGRIS is committed to providing comprehensive women’s services at our many clinics and hospitals across Oklahoma and Oklahoma City. Here are a few reasons women choose INTEGRIS when they need an ultrasound:
- State-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- Award-winning women’s health services
- The INTEGRIS Cancer Institute of Oklahoma that specializes in all forms of cancer—including breast and uterine cancer
- A team of dedicated OBGYN physicians and nurses
- A safe and comfortable environment
If you are in need of an ultrasound or other diagnostic imaging, call your local INTEGRIS clinic today or call our national HealthLine at 1-888-951-2277.