The purpose of infant massage is to promote healthy, loving touch. Since touch is one of the most developed senses at birth, your newborn baby’s lifeline is touch. The more you offer healthy, loving touch the more your baby will thrive.
Infant massage provides important tactile stimulation as well as relaxation and regulation of the respiratory, circulatory and digestive systems.
A healthy, loving touch is good for everyone but especially for infants, who are new to the world and need reassurance from someone special.
Infant massage classes been growing with parents and caregivers desire to provide the best care for their babies. Infant massage helps parents learn about caring for their babies and to learn about being loved.
If you are looking for the key to creating a special bond between you and your baby that also promotes physical wellness, infant massage class is the perfect tool for you.
Infant Massage Benefits for Baby
- Promotes a loving, secure, bonded relationship
- Is relaxing, calming and soothing
- Helps regulate digestive system and may also reduce gas, colic and constipation
- May increase weight gain
- Decrease stress hormone (cortisol)
Infant Massage Benefits for the Giver
- A loving, secure and bonded time with the baby
- Improved parent - infant communication
- Improved understanding of each other
- Increase confidence and handling skills
Lakeside offers prenatal classes taught using dolls and postnatal classes taught using actual babies. Infant massage classes are available on regularly scheduled evenings from 7 - 9 p.m.
Each Infant Massage Class Includes
- Understanding your baby’s infant states and infant cues
- Introduction of massage techniques
- What oils or lotion should you use and why
INTEGRIS employees, please call 405-951-2277 to register.
Price includes one couple.